General Information and Booking Terms and Conditions
In these terms and Conditions, the Company shall mean Authentic Tanzania, a company registered according to the company laws of Sweden. The ‘Client’ shall mean the person who has signed a booking form and each person named in the booking form. The term ‘Agent’ shall mean the company, who has signed an agency contract and is booking a client to travel with Authentic Tanzania.
- Binding Contract
There shall be no binding contract between the company and the client until the following three conditions are fulfilled:
- That the Company booking form has been signed and submitted
- A 30% advance payment has been paid
- The booking terms and conditions have been confirmed by the client
In the case of a booking made through the Agent, there shall be no binding contract between the Company and the Agent until the following two conditions have been met:
- The Agent contract has been signed
- The booking terms and conditions has been confirmed
- The 30% deposit has been paid (unless specified otherwise in the Agent’s contract)
- A deposit of 30% from each client is required when confirming a booking, unless otherwise agreed in the Agent Contract.
- The full amount due by the Client to the Company shall be paid not less than 30 days prior to the date of departure/start of the services (except where it is specified otherwise in the Agent’s contract). No client will be permitted to commence any itinerary without payment in full being received by the Company. If the full amount is not received, the Company shall be entitled in its own discretion to treat the reservation as cancelled, and consequently to forfeit such part of the advance payment as determined solely by the Company. Late applicants may join the tour based on availability of accommodation.
- Invoices in foreign currencies shall be paid no later than the date specified on the footer of the original invoice. If payment is not made within this stipulated time period, the Client is obligated to request a new invoice since the amount due is subject to currency fluctuations. If a new invoice is not requested and the currency exchange rate has changed to Authentic Tanzania’s disadvantage, a new invoice will be issued charging the difference to the Client/Agent
- Cancellation Policy
- In the event of cancellation, money paid to the Company may be refunded as provided herein below. If a refund is made, Authentic Tanzania reserves the right to charge the customer for costs incurred in bank service charges, administration costs and other activity bookings.
- Any cancellation of a booking by the Client or Agent must be in writing and shall only be effective upon its acknowledged receipt by the company. The date on which the Company or a company recognized agent receives the correspondence will determine the cancellation charge, if any.
- Cancellation charges will be incurred as follows
- 46 days or more prior to departure: 10% of the total amount
- 21 days to 45 days prior to departure: 30% of the total amount
- 14 days to 20 days prior to departure : 50% of the total amount
- 8 days to 13 days prior to departure : 80% of the total amount
- Less than 8 days prior to departure (including No Show): 100% of the total amount
- Special cancellation fees may apply for third party bookings
- Changes and Alterations
- The Company shall not be deemed to be in breach of these terms and conditions or otherwise be liable to the Client, by reason of delay in performance, or by non-performance, of any of its obligations hereunder to the extent that any such delay or non-performance is due to any ‘Force Majeure’.
- Force Majeure” means, in relation to the Company, any circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the Company (including, but not limited to, acts of God, explosion, flood, fire, war or threat of war, sabotage, civil disturbance, quarantine, government intervention, weather conditions or other unexpected occurrences). If the Company is affected by Force Majeure it shall be entitled to, and may in its sole and absolute discretion, vary or cancel any itinerary or arrangement in relation to the tour or safari.
- No refunds are given for circumstances arising beyond the Company’s control, necessitating alternative arrangements being made to ensure the safety and/or further participation and enjoyment of the tour or safari.
- In the unlikely event of a vehicle breakdown that is beyond the Company’s control and immediate repair, the Company will arrange to have the spare part or vehicle sent to the current location in the fastest possible time. The Company reserves the right to alter the itinerary accordingly in order to make up any time lost due to any unforeseen circumstances.
- The company reserves the right to cancel the tour without prior notification and in such an event only agrees to refund ALL monies already paid and received from the Client.
- Travel and cancellation insurance is essential for every Client. All insurance is solely the responsibility of the Client. Before a Client commences a tour, he/she should arrange his/her own insurance with protection for the full duration of the travel, to cover including but not limited to, personal injury, damage and loss of personal items including but not limited to camera equipment and other electronic equipment, medical expenses, repatriation expenses and loss of luggage. If a Client falls ill, all hospital expenses, medical expenses, doctor’s fees and repatriation costs are the Client’s responsibility and the Company shall not be liable for any refund of the tour rate whatsoever.
5.2. The carriage and storage of all baggage and personal effects are at all times the Client’s risk and the Company will not accept any liability for any loss or damage of baggage or personal effects. It is the clients’ responsibility to ensure all personal items are covered by travel insurance for the correct value.
The Client hereby acknowledges, confirms and records that he/she understands the risk inherent in adventure travel in African destinations and associated activities. The Client is accepted onto the tour and undertakes to do the tour, travel or activity at his/her own risk. The client agrees and concedes that the Company, its representatives and employees shall not be responsible for loss or damage to possessions, or injury or illness to the client or loss of life or consequential damages which might occur from any cause whatsoever, unless directly caused by the Company’s negligence.
The client acknowledges an awareness of the proposed itinerary and confirms that he or she is medically fit, in good physical and mental health to take on the tour. Any client with a pre-existing medical condition or illness must declare the true nature of such a condition to the Company before the commencement of the tour. The company will not be held liable for any loss, injury or damage resulting solely from client’s physical or medical condition.
- Claims and Complaints
In the unlikely event that the client has a complaint against the company, the Company must be informed immediately, in order that an opportunity is afforded to the company to investigate the situation and provide redress. If the client has any further complaints, these must be lodged in writing to the Company within 1 month of the tour end date. If these procedures are not followed, the Company will not start or continue any such investigation of the said complaint.
- Company Responsibility and Rights
The information in any brochure and printed itineraries is given in good faith by the Company, and is based on the latest information available to the Company. Printed itineraries serve as a guideline only. The company reserves the right to change the facilities or transport described in any publication without being liable for any compensation or refund.
- The Company Authority
Any decision made by the tour guide, acting as a Company representative, shall be deemed final on all matters. The company shall not be responsible or liable for any client who commits an illegal or unlawful act in any place visited, or the consequences of such an illegal act. The client may in such circumstances be excluded from the tour without a refund, at the sole discretion of the Company or Company representative.
If the Company considers a client improper for a tour (due to serious mental or physical illness or implied danger to any other Client or Company representative) it may at its sole discretion decline to carry the Client further. If a Client causes severe inconvenience or annoyance to other Clients, the Company may decline to carry the client further, without any refund whatsoever. This will only occur after extensive intervention by the tour guide or Company representative.
- Client Responsibility
It is the Client’s sole responsibility to ensure that passports, visas, travel permits and inoculations required for the tour, are obtained well in advance and are in order. The Company may not be held liable for any failure on the part of a client to be in possession of the correct travel documentation.
Where a client fails to comply with any such requirements resulting into additional costs to the Client or the Company on the Client’s behalf, then the Client will be responsible to meet any such costs.
It’s the Client’s responsibility to familiarize themselves with these terms and conditions including travel documentation, payment schedules and cancellation policy.
- Luggage Allowance
Baggage is limited to one LARGE bag, weighing a maximum of 18kg. Also allowed will be a smaller hand-luggage per Client. These restrictions are important because of the nature of the tour. Overloaded vehicles are dangerous and cause unnecessary transport problems and compromise the safety of Clients and Company personnel. The Company insists that every Client adhere to these luggage restrictions.
Authentic Tanzania’s vehicle fleet comprises of safari-adapted Toyota Land cruiser 4×4 with comfortable seating and large windows for game viewing. Luggage is carried on the roof to ensure maximum comfort inside the vehicle.
- Group Size
We do not group separate travelers without their consent. Our safaris are usually made up of individuals, couples and sometimes groups of friends and group size can vary between 2 to 6 per vehicle. By traveling in small groups, the advantages are that vehicle hire and vehicle park entry fees (for some parks) are shared, campsites and/or lodges are not crowded and time is not wasted in trying to assemble and control large groups of people. It also enables the Company to offer a far more personal service.
Where accommodation is specified in the itinerary, the company utilizes bungalows, lodges, hotels and tented camps.
- Prices and Local Payment
We endeavor to ensure that every Client is fully aware of all costs involved on each trip. Overall, our price includes accommodation, airport transfers, car hire and fuel, meals and activities as per itinerary, camping equipment (except sleeping bags), permits, entry fees and a trained and qualified tour guide.
In some tours, the costs are divided into two payments. The first amount is paid directly Authentic Tanzania or the Agent before the tour commences; the second amount is the local payment. The local payment covers day-to-day expenses like food, cultural tour fees, village local guides fees, etc. Where a tour involves making local payments, it will be clearly stated and such payment must be paid directly to your tour guide in cash in the currency specified on the itinerary.
Only one discount may be used at any time. Discounts cannot be combined or used in combination with any other special offers.
All discounts apply to the per person tour price. Please note that flights, airport taxes, single supplements, local payments and special permits are excluded.
All discounts are subject to tour availability.
The Company’s general Terms & Conditions still apply.